How Chiropractic Care in Sacramento CA Can Help Plantar Fasciitis
If your feet hurt, every activity in your life becomes more difficult.
People who experience long-term foot pain may be suffering from Plantar Fasciitis in Sacramento CA, and not even know that there are several scientifically proven methods to resolve their problem.
Some of the solutions relieve pain without medication or lifestyle changes.
In this short article, our Sacramento CA Chiropractor Office wanted to share more about Plantar Fasciitis and how you can resolve this issue for good.
What Is Plantar Fasciitis?
Plantar fasciitis is a painful condition that causes inflammation in the plantar fascia. The plantar fascia is a thick band of tissue that runs along the bottom of the foot. This tissue connects the heel bone to the toes and supports the arch of the foot. When this tissue becomes irritated or inflamed, it can cause excruciating, stabbing pain in the heel or arch of the foot.
Plantar fasciitis can be caused by a number of factors, including:
- high-impact exercise
- poorly fitting shoes (that do not provide adequate support)
- Being overweight or obese
- underlying medical conditions such as flat feet or high arches.
Anything that puts more pressure on the bottom of your foot could increase your chances of developing plantar fasciitis. Some of the most common symptoms of plantar fasciitis include:
- stabbing pain in the bottom of the foot or heel that is worse in the morning or after periods of inactivity
- stiffness in the foot
- difficulty walking
- standing for long periods of time
What Are Treatment Options For Plantar Fasciitis?
There are several options for Plantar Fasciitis. At Barham Chiropractic, we strongly recommend consulting with your primary care provider to decide what’s best for you. Normally when we make care plans for patients, we recommend combining several different types of treatment (of the ones listed below) to speed up the rate of recovery.
Some treatment options for plantar fasciitis include:
- physical therapy
- orthotic devices
- changing footwear
- chiropractic care
- In severe cases, surgery may be necessary
Chiropractic Care for Plantar Fasciitis in Sacramento CA
There are several ways that chiropractors help with plantar fasciitis. Some of the most common treatment methods include:
- A chiropractor can perform adjustments to correct misalignments throughout your entire body. These adjustments are designed to alleviate pressure caused by subluxations, and in the case of plantar fasciitis can reduce the inflammation on the bottom of your feet, allowing your feet to relax and heal.
- Chiropractors can design a stretching and mobility plan designed for you and your condition. This will help to alleviate tension, pressure, and stress on the bottom of your feet. Chiropractors also help you perform specific stretches, exercises, and movements that can help you alleviate aches and pains.
- Finally, the chiropractor can help you make ergonomic lifestyle changes to shift the weight as you sit or stand over your feet. Chiropractors can advise patients on what footwear or other items can help reduce the inflammation caused by their activities of daily living. At our office, we have an insole pressure sensor. This machine helps us see where your feet generate the most pressure, which helps us recommend shoes and provide even more accurate care.
These are just a few of the ways that a chiropractor can help you treat plantar fasciitis.
How long does it take for chiropractic care to correct Plantar fasciitis?
The length of chiropractic care for Plantar Fasciitis depends on a number of things, like how bad the pain is, how old the patient is, and what is causing the pain. In general, most patients can expect to see significant improvement within a few weeks of starting chiropractic care. At Barham Chiropractic, we have helped patients with a pretty wide range of severity regarding Plantar fasciitis. How consistent the patients are with receiving chiropractic care, stretching, and changing footwear makes a big difference in how long it takes for patients to feel relief. Patients who follow through in all areas of care experience a big difference as soon as the 2nd week but if the condition is severe it can take several months.
Massage Care For Plantar fasciitis
At Barham Chiropractic we are fortunate enough to have extraordinarily gifted masseuses.
Massage therapy can be an effective treatment option for those suffering from plantar fasciitis. Massage can help to relieve tension and pain in the affected area, while also promoting increased blood flow and oxygen delivery to the tissues.
Our Massage Therapists are trained in treating plantar fasciitis and will use a variety of techniques, including deep tissue massage, trigger point therapy, and myofascial release, to target the specific areas of the foot and lower leg that are affected by the condition.
We have had significant success when combining chiropractic care, massage therapy, and lifestyle changes to correct plantar fasciitis.
Chiropractic Corrective Treatment
Plantar Fasciitis is a difficult health problem to deal with.
You can’t ignore it and just walk it off. (joke intended)
We absolutely celebrate every time we see patients arrive for care with completely different demeanors.
Very often we see patients who limp into our office (due to Plantar Fasciitis) start to stroll in happy and pain-free.
We would love to celebrate that with you too.
If you or a loved one struggle with Plantar Fasciitis, please reach out to us during our office hours or by filling out the contact information on our New Patient Offer.
This site is for informational and educational purposes only. The information contained herein does not constitute the rendering of insurance advice, chiropractic healthcare advice, or the provision of treatment or treatment recommendations by our providers. Browsing this site does not establish a professional relationship with Barham Chiropractic or any member of the Barham Chiropractic staff.
If you have any concerns, questions, or comments about this article please reach out to our content moderation team at:
You can also reach out to our Sacramento CA Chiropractor Office via phone call at (916) 542-6273 during office hours.
7:15am - 11:45am
2:00pm - 5:45pm
8:00am - 11:45am
7:15am - 11:45am
2:00pm - 5:45pm
8:00am - 10:45am
7:15am - 11:45am
2:00pm - 5:45pm
Saturday & Sunday